NATIONAL LASER SYMPOSIUM
DECEMBER 15-17, 1999
SCHOOL OF PHYSICS, UNIVERSITY OF HYDERABAD, HYDERABAD-500 046
ORGANISED UNDER NATIONAL LASER PROGRAMME, DEPARTMENT OF ATOMIC ENERGY
CALL FOR PAPERS
The 8th National laser symposium will be held at the University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad. The purpose of this symposium is: a) to bring all the scientists together on a single platform to review the current status of research, share research results and generate new ideas; b) to provide direction and pace for research in this area in the coming millennium and c) to stimulate the use of lasers in other fields. Organizers call for papers for presentation at the symposiu m.
1. Invited talks of 45mts and 25mts duration by leading researchers who will review the latest developments in their respective areas
2. Contributed papers selected for oral presentation with ten minute duration
3. Contributed papers for the poster presentation
4. Oral presentation of the Ph.D. thesis submitted during 1999.
(From contributed presentations, best thesis, best poster and best oral presentation will be given a cash award).
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
* Laser Physics
* Laser Development and Technology
* Laser and Nonlinear Optical Materials
* Quantum Optics
* Nonlinear Optics
* Fiber Optics
* Laser Cooling
* Laser Spectroscopy
* Ultra-fast Processes
* Laser Produced Plasma Studies
* Laser Instrumentation
* Laser Materials Processing
* Bio-Medical Applications of Lasers
* Industrial Applications of Lasers
* Optical Information Processing
* Optical Computing
* Optical Communications
PREPARATION OF EXTENDED ABSTRACTS OF CONTRIBUTED PAPERS
Authors are requested to submit extended abstracts of their work in camera ready form not exceeding two pages (A4 size). These abstracts should be precise and informative to convey the approach and the results. Since the proceedings of the symposium will reproduce directly the abstract submitted by the authors, they are requested to adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Include within the two-page limit the text, equations, figures and references.
2. Type on A4 size good quality, white bond paper with 1" margin on all sides.
3. Have the concise title of the paper (all capitals with 14-size font) at the top of the first page.
4. Author (s) name (s), affiliation (s) and postal address using 12-size font (typed in single space) should follow two spaces below the title.
5. The main text should be typed in single space using font size 10, two spaces below the address of the authors.
Adherence to the guidelines is imperative. Submit in triplicate (original and two photocopies), and an electronic version (e-mail or floppy) using MS Word 95 with rich text format to reach on or before September 15, 1999 at the followin g address:
Dr D Narayana Rao
Convenor , National Laser Symposium
School of Physics, University of Hyderabad
Hyderabad 500 046,
E-mail : email@example.com
Fax : 040-3010120, 3010145
Researchers and students who want to present their Ph.D. thesis submitted between NLS-98 and NLS-99 should send summery of their work in triplicate not exceeding four pages (please follow the same format as applicable for the contribute d papers) on or before November 15, 1999. They should also send a certificate from their thesis supervisors confirming the date of thesis submission.
Accommodation will be available in the hostels, guest-house of the University of Hyderabad Campus and hotels in the city. Requests for accommodation must reach the organizers well in advance, in any case not later than November 1, 1999.
Depending on the availability of funds full or partial TA/ Local Hospitality will be provided to a limited number of participants. Preference will be given to the student participants.
Persons interested in registration are requested to register positively by September 15, 1999. Registration fee is Rs 200/- if paid before September 15, 1999 and Rs. 250/- if paid later. Registration fee, if paid by DD, must be drawn in favor of Convenor, National Laser Symposium-99, University of Hyderabad, and it should be payable at SBI-HCU Branch (Code:5916), Hyderabad 500 046.
FORMAT FOR REGISTRATION
5. Complete mailing address including postal pin code, telephone, fax numbers, e-mail
6. Nature of financial assistance, if needed
7. Nature of accommodation, if needed
8. A 35 word abstract of the work intending to present in the symposium (along with the two page extended abstract)
9. DD details
10. Interested in a city tour YES/NO
(If enough number of delegates are interested, a city tour will be arranged on Dec 18.)
11. Signature and date
University of Hyderabad is situated on Old Bombay-Poona highway and is about 20 KM from HYDERABAD STATION, about 22 KM from KOTI, the center of Hyderabad city, and about 25 KM from SECUNDERABAD STATION. One can reach the university by bus numbers 217, 216U from Koti, by 216 from Mehdipatnam area of the city and by 226E from Secunderabad.